Harbin Institute of Technology welcomes exchange students from partner universities all over the world. Students who participate in an exchange will be directly admitted to a university that partners with the HIT, and take classes there. Exchanges are well suited for students who want access to university courses in a variety of academic disciplines, seek full immersion in the student life and culture, and desire a high degree of personal independence at HIT.
1. An applicant must be citizen of a country other than the People's Republic of China.
2. An applicant is in good health both mentally and physically.
3. The exchange agreement should be within the validity period.
II. Application Documents
The application documents in other languages must be notarized in English or Chinese.
1. Log into the HIT online application system to complete the application form
The online application system is available at https://hit.at0086.cn/StuApplication;
2. Passport homepage;
3. Current Certificate of Studying;
5. Language proficiency:
Chinese-taught Degree programs: HSK level 4≥210 scores (valid for two years)
English-taught Degree programs: TOEFL≥78 scores, IELTS≥6.0 scores, or equivalent English
language proficiency certificates;
-Non-degree Programs (Chinese Language Training Program): No Chinese language proficiency requirement.
A recommendation letter from the partner university;
Recent Physical Examination Record for Foreigner;
Study plan(not mandatory).
III. Study Duration
The program typically lasts one or two semesters.
IV. Application Deadline
Four weeks before the program begins.