Founded in 1920，Harbin Institute of Technology, with science, engineering and research as its core, encompassing management and liberal arts, economy and law, is now developing into an open, multi-disciplinary and world-class university.
Founding member of the C9 League (top nine key universities in China)
Double First-class University in China
I. Application Period
October 15th, 2023 2024 Application Opens
February 15th, 2024 Deadline for Application
II. Application Portal
The CSC Online Application System is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Scholarship Type: B
HIT's University Code: 10213
III. Supporting Categories
HIT Chinese Government Scholarship Programs sponsor master's and doctoral degree students.
IV. Scholarship Coverage
1. Tuition fee
2. On-campus dormitory
3. Monthly living allowance: No stipend is issued before arrival at the university.
Master's degree students: CNY3,000/month
Doctoral degree students: CNY3,500/month
4. Comprehensive medical insurance: CNY800/year
V. Scholarship Duration
1. The duration of master's degree programs typically takes 3 years to complete, but some schools and majors vary, as shown below.
• 2 years: School of Management，School of Instrumentation Science and Engineering，School of Life Science and Technology
• 2.5 years: Faculty of Computing, School of Architecture
2. The duration of doctoral degree programs typically takes 4 years.
1. Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the People's Republic of China.
2. Be in good health both mentally and physically.
3. Consciously abide by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China and the rules and regulations of the university.
4. No Double Benefits Allowed - Students cannot receive multiple scholarships.
5. When applying for a master's degree program, be a bachelor's degree holder under 35.
When applying for a doctoral degree program, be a master's degree holder under 40.
6. Language proficiency certificate
Chinese-taught programs: HSK level 4≥210 scores (valid for two years)
English-taught programs: TOEFL≥78 scores, IELTS≥6.0 scores, or equivalent English proficiency certificate
7.Proof of outstanding academic achievements, sports, art, cultural exchanges, public welfare activities, etc. (not mandatory).
VII. Application Documents
The application documents in other languages must be notarized in English or Chinese.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
2. Passport homepage. The passport needs to be valid until September 2025..
3.Highest graduate certificate.
4.Academic transcripts. Copies of academic records should be from the undergraduate
5.Language proficiency certificate.
6.A study plan at least 1,000 words (write according to HIT requirements. The template is below). The study plan for a doctoral degree program shall be approved and signed by the applicant's Chinese supervisor.
7.Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors. (The content shall describe the applicant's study objectives, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future development).
8.Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (valid within six months). The physical
examination must cover all the items listed in the examination form. Incomplete records or those without the attending physician's signature, the hospital's official stamp, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid.
9.Bank receipt of application fee：USD60 or CNY400.
10. Non-criminal record report (usually issued within six months before the application
11. Acceptance letter (not mandatory). An applicant is encouraged to contact HIT's
professors ahead of submission.
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded documents.
VIII. Application Process
Step 1:Complete the application on the CSC Online Application System.
The online application system is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/.
Step 2: Pay the application fee of USD60 or CNY400.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People's Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
Note: 1.The application fee is non-refundable. Currently, Alipay or WeChat payment is not supported.
2. Please mark the applicant's passport name on the remittance voucher.
Step 3: Submit all application documents to StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Step 4: Receive the confirmation Email from the Office of International Students Admission
Reminder: The admission officer will follow up on the application via email. Please check your email frequently—response averages within 24 hours (can be delayed due to the high number of emails). Please be patient if we don't respond in time.
IX. Important Notes
1.HIT can adjust the selected majors and study duration according to the applicant's educational background and study plan. If the applicant's conditions or application documents do not meet the provisions or requirements, the application shall be considered invalid and not accepted.
2. Applicants cannot change the professors, specialties, universities, study duration, or teaching language specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
X. More Information
To find a supervisor, please visit http://homepage.hit.edu.cn/home-index
[download] Acceptance Letter
[download] Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
[download] Study Plan
XI. Schools and Majors