Release Time 2020/06/05 19:46
Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) was established in 1920 in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China. In 1954, HIT became one of China’s first six leading universities. Presently HIT is a member of China’s top nine University Union (C9). It is a National Key University with science and engineering as its core and has developed to include management, liberal arts, economy, law and other disciplines. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.5 globally.
Chinese Government Scholarship –University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Harbin Institute of Technology is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship –University Program.
An applicant should post application materials in time to International Cooperation Division of HIT from October 15 to March 31, 2022.
Note: The application date is defined as the date on which HIT office receives the hard copy application materials.
To be eligible, an applicant must
1. be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
3. be a holder of a Master’s degree under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
4. have excellent performance in study.
5. have good ability in scientific research.
Note: Scholarship students are not eligible for other scholarships established by the Chinese government and admission institutions at the same period.
1. Tuition fees;
2. Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
3. Comprehensive medical insurance:
4. Stipend is granted to the students at the following rates after freshman coming to China to register, the stipend will not be reissued before coming to China:
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies
Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students
Doctoral Degree Students
Note: The duration of Master’s degree is generally 3 years. The following schools are 2 years: School of Management，School of Instrumentation Science and Engineering ，School of Humanities, Social Science and Law，School of Life Science and Technology .
The application materials must be true and accurate with two hard copies either in English or Chinese. Materials in other language must be notarized by official notary office either in English or Chinese.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ .
Scholarship type: B
2. Highest full-time study diploma
Note: An applicant who is a current university student shall submit the certificate of expected graduation or student status issued by his/her university.
It must be signed and sealed from school. (the original copy)
4. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words).
5. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
6. A scanned copy of the Passport Information Page. (valid for at least one year).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Note:An applicant to study in China for more than six months shall submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original document, printed by Chinese quarantine authorities, shall be filled in in English and kept by the applicant). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only six months;
8. Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Note: Material assessment fee is non-refundable.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
9. Language proficiency certificate
Master’s Degree: report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years),
Doctoral Degree: report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years), English proficiency certificate；
An applicant who obtains Chinese college/university degree with Chinese taught is not required to provide HSK4 report.
English- taught programs: English proficiency certificate
10. Valid Certificate of Non- Criminal Record
11. Acceptance letter( not a must)
Note: An applicant is encouraged to contact professors prior to application and enclose the acceptance letter from professors of HIT.
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except School of Humanities, Social Science and Law). Master’s degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English-taught programs of Management, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology.
Note: For programs taught in English, an applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate; for Chinese-taught programs or Remedial Chinese Language Courses, an applicant should submit report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years).
1. An applicant material will be reviewed by admission office and HIT has the right to make necessary adjustment on major and study duration according to the applicant's education background and study plan. If the applicant's conditions or application materials do not meet the provisions and requirements, the application shall be regarded as invalid and shall not be accepted.
2. An applicant should check all the information on the admission notice. An applicant is not permitted to change his/her professors, specialties, institutions, study duration or teaching language specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
Tel: +86-451-86412647 +86-451-86402455
E-mail Us: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Address: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin, China
Please mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
The International Cooperation Division will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.