Release Time 2020/06/05 19:46
Founded in 1920，Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT)，with science, engineering and research as its core, encompassing management and liberal arts, economy and law, is now developing into an open, multi-disciplinary and world-class university.
● Founding member of the C9 League (a group of China’s top universities)
● Top 5 Global Universities for Engineering in 2023 U.S. NEWS Ranking
● Double First-Class University (only 36 Class A universities in China)
1. Be a citizen of a country other than the People's Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically;
2. Be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for a master's degree program;
3. Be a master's degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral degree program;
4. Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level-4 when applying for a Chinese-taught master's or doctoral degree program;
5. Hold minimum requirements set by HIT in academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
Note:CSC Scholarship CANNOT be combined with other scholarships.
October 15th, 2022 2023 Application Opens
December 20th, 2022 Deadline for Early Action Application
February 18th, 2023 Deadline for Regular Application
Step 1: Submit all application documents to StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn before the deadline.
Step 2: Receive the confirmation E-mail from the Office of International Students Admission of HIT.
Reminder: The admission officer will follow-up on the application via email. Please check the email frequently. Response averages within 24 hours (can be delayed depending due to high number of emails). Please be patient if we don't respond in time.
All application documents in other languages must be notarized by the official notary office in English or Chinese.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
The CSC Online Application System is available at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ .
Scholarship Type: B
University Code: 10213;
2. Passport home page. The passport needs to be valid until September 2023;
3. Highest diploma;
4. Academic transcripts. Copies of academic records should be from the undergraduate program onwards;
5. Language qualification certificates.
· Chinese-taught Programs:
Master's Degree: HSK Level-4 report or higher (valid for two years)
Doctoral Degree: HSK Level-4 report or higher (valid for two years)
· English-taught Programs (for non-English native speakers):
IELTS at least 6.0, TOEFL at least 80 or other equivalent English language proficiency certificates;
6. A study plan (more than 1,000 words). The study plan of a doctoral degree applicant shall be approved and signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor. The template can be downloaded at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/index/459 .
7. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
8. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (valid within six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid;
9. Bank receipt of the application fee：USD 60 or CNY 400;
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
Note: The application fee is non-refundable.
10. Non-criminal record report (issued within 6 months prior to the submission date);
11. Acceptance letter (not-required). An applicant is encouraged to contact HIT’s professors ahead of submission.
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded documents.
1. Scholarship Coverage
1) Tuition fees;
2) University dormitory;
3) Stipend: No stipend is issued before arrival at the university.
Master's degree students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 per month.
4) Comprehensive medical insurance: CNY 800/ year.
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Chinese Language Studies
1. The duration of a master's degree program is generally 3 years at HIT. Duration varies in some schools or faculties as follows.
· Duration of master's degree programs (2 years):School of Management，School of Instrumentation Science and Engineering，School of Humanities, Social Science and Law，School of Life Science and Technology.
· Duration of master's degree programs (2.5 years): Faculty of Computing, School of Architecture
2. The Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major studies and Chinese language studies.
3. English-taught Programs
· Doctoral degree programs are English-taught (except the programs in the School of Humanities, Social Science and Law).
· English-taught master's degree programs are Management, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering.
1. HIT has the right to adjust the selected majors and study duration according to the applicant's educational background and study plan. If the applicant's conditions or application documents do not meet the provisions or requirements, the application shall be regarded invalid and not be accepted.
2. Applicants cannot change the professors, specialties, universities, study duration or teaching language specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
Find a supervisor, please visit http://homepage.hit.edu.cn/home-index
Master’s Degree Programs (Chinese-taught) http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/detail/5781
Master’s Degree Programs (English-taught) http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/detail/5782
Doctoral Degree Programs (Chinese-taught) http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/detail/5784
Doctoral Degree Programs (English-taught) http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/post/detail/5783
Address:No. 11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001 P.R. China
[download] Acceptance Letter (pdf) (word)
[download] Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
International Cooperation Division CIE will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.