Scholarship Brief Introduction
In order to attract and support worldwideoutstanding international studentsto study at Harbin Institute of Technology, promote cultural exchange, schoolhas set up HIT Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as HIT scholarship).
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Applicants should be under the age of 30.
- High school diploma and transcript, excellent performance in study.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Outstanding international students who finish preparatory course program at HIT will be preferred.
First-class: exempt from tuition fee, housing fee;
Second-class: exempt from tuition fee;
Third-class: 50% deduction of tuition fee;
Forth-class: 30% deduction of tuition fee.
Duration of Scholarship
- Students should log on to the website of Harbin Institute of Technology (http://StudyatHIT.hit.edu.cn) to complete the online application, print out and fill in the “Application Form of HIT Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship”.
- Applicants should post their application materials to the College of International Education before May 10 each year.
The date of receiving paper document will be regarded as the date of application.
Address: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001, China, College of International Education, Harbin Institute of Technology
- None of the application materials will be returned to the applicant. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
- Application Form of HIT Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship (with one photo in passport photo size).
- Personal statement: The statement should be in Chinese or English, no less than 500 words, and include but not limited to the application reason, personal academic performance or other outstanding accomplishments.Please attach the copy of certificates as well.
- High school graduation certificate (original notarized document in English or Chinese). If applicants are high school students, they should provideoriginal pre-graduation certificate.
- Transcripts (original notarized document in English or Chinese)
- HSK 4 certificate
- Passport copy
Note: Whether admitted or not, paper material is non-refundable.
Scholarship result will be informed before May 20 each year via E-mail.
- HIT Scholarship only supports the undergraduate Chinese-medium programs.
- Students should register on time according to school schedule. Students, who fail to register on time without school permission, will be regarded as giving up their study at HIT, the scholarship will be canceled automatically. The scholarship will not be retained for the students who retain entrance qualifications.
- School will arrange annual review for HIT Scholarship students. Students,who fail to take or pass the review, the scholarship will be stopped or canceled.
- Scholarship students are not permitted to change major and study duration.